Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Sr. Project Manager in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate team activities to manage and implement project and interrelated projects from initiation to final operational stage . The Project Manager will also determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements including sub-contractor selection.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project.
- Lead the project teams in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements and client’s long-term goals.
- Facilitate status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Work with senior management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Propose and develop add-on program opportunities.
- Mentor and train the customer and vendor in project management methods, procedures, and activities.
- Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Coach and counsel members of cross-functional teams to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria.
- Determine and install appropriate automated systems for management of projects. Identify and recommend contingency measures.
- Facilitate the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Advise senior management on project management capability and risk.
- Maintain awareness on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and 9 years of experience
- Must possess a Best Practice Standard certification.
Required certification: Project Management Professional (PMP).
DOD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.