The 363rd ISRW/363rd ISRG currently has an opening for a Client Systems Technician to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command.
The Client Systems Technician will perform Tier-1 help desk support and troubleshooting of customer IT systems. This position will work in a dynamic team that executes, enables, and protects operations within an enterprise network architecture. The organization supports over 500 customers with requirements that involve desktop hardware and application support, networking, telecommunications, and data center operations. The specialist will provide first-level contact with customers, to include senior leadership personnel and convey resolutions to issues, track and route trouble tickets, and perform additional client-level IT support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Interact with customers to identify IT problems and troubleshoot expediently.
- Communicate job status information to all team members.
- Coordinate with external organizations, to include Tier-2 and Tier-3 organizations, to implement projects and solve IT issues.
- Promote best practices to enhance and improve organizational processes.
- Work with project managers and client systems team to implement IT capabilities.
- Support remote access and telework capabilities across various mobile platforms and applications (VPN, MobiKEY, BUEM etc)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of IT customer support experience in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of technical experience in one or more Information Systems.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Be well organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask and communicate clearly with team members and customers.
- Perform frequent lifting and moving of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to perform duties in confined environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information management, or equivalent IT degree.
- Respond quickly to rapid changes in customer requirements and accepts new challenges.
- Flexibility to learn new products and teach users how to use technical solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of industry security standards and vulnerability scanning techniques.
- MCSA, MSCE, CISSP, or SSCP certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.