The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for a System Integration Engineer to work in our Ramstein AFB, Germany offices. This an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the USAFE – AFAFRICA team to bridge current operations and future Air Base Air Defense (ABAD) strategy, plans, and design.
The ABAD System Integration Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of integration including: Integration of Weapon Systems, Sensors, and Command & Control Elements and documentation of the system hardware/software. We are seeking qualified candidates to support a contract for a government customer at Ramstein Germany Air Force Base.
Primary Responsibilities of he Systems Integration Engineer:
- Communicate and interface with customer and Leidos Program Management, Technical leads and Subject Matter Experts to provide Program status and to jointly present, lead, and work program issues, and technical solutions.
- Ensure that assessment of new performance work requests include all stakeholders, are properly sized, and submitted on time to the customer per the required contractual delivery date.
- Ensure that all authorized performance work requests are completed on time and within budget, the implementation is ready for deployment to customer test organization or Production, and integrated into the PRPS II operations and maintenance baseline.
- Understand all applicable performance standards and ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met or exceed so no monetary disincentive is levied against the contract.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all issues, performance work requests, system improvement efforts, and operations and system integration activities.
- In addition the selected candidate will advise/direct other technical staff in support of systems engineering and integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field with a minimum 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience working as a Project Manager for a large enterprise level project and proposal and leading a team on such projects.
- 6+ years of experience in a supervisory/manager role.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of USAF / USAFE C2 / C5ISR systems and current operational employment methodology
- Proven ability to reach out to Industry, Academia, the USAF, USG Labs synchronizing efforts across multiple lines of research, development and funding
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones.
- Must have demonstrated experience to identify, develop, and implement change solutions and new technology and solutions on a large scale.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at large government agency CIO/CTO executive level.
- PMP certification.
- Operational experience in USAF Base Defense and airborne threat systems from micro UAS to Cruise missile to Hypersonic.
- Previous assignment history or work experience with USAF or within USAFE
- Previous experience managing Large and complex USAF contracts.
- Working knowledge of system-level requirements / Software development methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and with external entities to facilitate successful product completion and delivery.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.