The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a deployed Aviation Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) Mechanic, this position is a rotating position. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting the STAMP II mission (contingent upon award). The AGSE Mechanic performs routine maintenance as well as minor/major repairs of aviation ground support equipment and automobiles. The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc., may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist. The AGSE Mechanic reports directly to the site Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment malfunctions on portable stairs, fuel trucks, towing tractors, aircraft tugs, lifts, AGPU's, company automobiles
- Solve repairs by studying drawings, wiring schematics and technical manuals
- Inspect, determine repairs, order parts, replace components, and maintain bench stock
- Order consumables, service equipment with refrigerants, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, compressed air, gasoline, oil, nitrogen and filters
- Change tires as required
- Maintain equipment records and document maintenance
- Mark, stencil inspections dates as required
- Perform weight lifting device testing as required as per current technical reference
- Perform corrosion prevention processes as required per technical reference
- Maintain compressors, jack stands, ground power units, airmobile trailers, engine stands, various adapter stands, and other pertinent equipment
- Establish schedule of equipment by serial number, supported unit, and maintain pertinent technical references as required
- Dispose of hazardous waste, oils, and fluids as per environmental standard operating procedures
- Apply government approved modifications on ground support equipment
- Mentor Afghan AGSE personnel
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Candidate must have an active NACI clearance
- US Citizen
- Must be able to pass/qualify all CRC medical and training requirements
- Active passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment
- Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested
- Prior military experience (deployed)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.