The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Engineer Lead with strong systems and software experience to support a complex program to provide application, development, operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Manage development and enhancement projects along the entire development and implementation life cycle, focusing on project staffing, scheduling and the on-time delivery of high quality, reliable and easy to use systems in and Agile development environment.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the Team.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership, perspective and advice projects, programs, and activities.
- Manage a team of staff working on the project ensure assigned projects are appropriately staffed to ensure project completion is on time and within budget.
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
- Provide execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Engineering Lead.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Possess domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Possess decision making and domain knowledge that may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Experience delivering products and services to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud development and migrations policies.
- Experience in Application migrations to Cloud with Cloud Native Patterns and provide support for Applications running in Cloud
- Experience with service oriented architectures (SOAs).
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience with C#, SharePoint, and other sharing knowledge applications.
- Experience in designing and building complex applications.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 5+ years of experience working within an IT environment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.