The Sourcing Operations Associate Director has responsibility for implementing strategy and the day-to-day operations of purchasing, material, and PCard, functions of the corporation. Implements strategies related to supplier assessments and purchasing terms and conditions to ensure products and services procured are delivered on time at the best quality and value. Will possess strong knowledge and practical experience with FAR, DFAR and other regulations pertaining to US federal procurements. Assists in developing and enhancing command media relevant to the Sourcing Operations function. This leader also takes responsibility for individual and team employee development, sets employee objectives and monitors the status to achieving those objectives at staff levels.
Other specific responsibilities include:
• Involvement in stakeholder engagement to include Groups, Division, Programs, and Functions.
• Deliver significant and quantifiable hard savings, carry over savings, cost avoidance, and value capture on spend exceeding $1B annually.
• Execute with speed and urgency.
• Assist in design and implementation strategies to rationalize the supplier base and maximize the value of spend.
• Partner with category management teams to ensure operational practicality of category strategies.
• Drive industry best practices and provides leadership to implement continuous improvement within the global supply base.
• Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.
• Manage consistent supplier selection and deselection process.
• 8+ years’ experience in an Operations, Supply Chain, or Sourcing in a highly regulated industry
• Bachelor’s degree and commensurate experience in supply chain, business management or finance
• 4 years” minimum supervising or leading teams
• Demonstrated success leading large geographically dispersed teams
• Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software (to include cloud) is desirable
• Success implementing business process improvements
• Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals
• Strong negotiation and influence skills
• 15-25% travel (primarily domestic)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.