At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Defense Airborne Solutions Group currently has a dynamic opportunity for a Material Control Specialist, located in Manassas, VA, in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low – Enhanced (ARL-E) program. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA.
As the Material Control Specialist, you will manage the movement and reporting of ARL-E classified materials worldwide. You will ensure materials are securely transported between contractor facilities and government facilities. Material movement may occur through program couriers, government couriers, or shipping companies.
- Track and coordinate the movement of classified materials.
- Escort or hand carry classified materials while following all associated corporate and government classified material handling procedures.
- Update policies and procedures associated with classified material movement and tracking.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports
- Create and maintain classified document accountability records and derivative classification forms
- Manage inventory of all ARL-E data storage devices, both classified and unclassified
- Coordinate with ARL-E team members to schedule and coordinate drive copies, storage, and movement
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Requires a high school diploma and 3+ years of relevant experience
- A DoD SECRET clearance is required to start. However, the ability to obtain and maintain a final Top Secret/SCI DoD level of clearance is required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Obtain and maintain classified courier status.
- Experience with MS Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to follow instructions and work effectively across multiple teams
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with lifecycle development of large system integration programs.
- A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Top Secret/SCI DoD level of clearance
- Experience with derivative classification
- Courier experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.