The NISC III program is hiring a Java Developer to join our existing team of software engineers. The current team is creating a weather data acquisition and display system for use in the National Airspace System.
The Java Developer will be responsible for:
- Replace the existing SUN operating systems with a real time open source operating system
- Provide support for the Rehost of the system to a POSIX-compliant, open architecture hardware platforms
- Provide support in the upgrade of hardware components to address FAA security requirements
- Develop and provide changes to site-unique adaptation as changes occur to the facility’s geometry
- Develop System Support Modification (SSM) documentation for hardware modifications and/or software/firmware modifications
- Develop and provide changes to issues detected in the field once the system has been operational
- Provide field support to include onsite/telephone assistance and restoration, system analysis, and logging records of assistance in the FAA’s data management system
- Provide evaluation of site data to determine system performance
- Provide logistical support by designing and testing replacement components and developing a Logistics Support Plan
- Provide support for the program management software engineering environment (SEE) and program support facilities
- Develop System Documentation Release (SDR) documentation for certification procedures
- Prepare National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Reports following an accident or incident when requested by the NTSB representative
Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree plus 5-8 years of experience or additional work experience in lieu of the degree.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
Experience working with the following:
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
Candidate should be comfortable working in an integrated team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.