Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for a Jr. Systems Engineer to join our IT Services Team supporting the U.S. House of Representatives. This position provides potential for growth as the candidate learns more about our customers, the customer environment, and related systems and technologies. Our IT service offering provides comprehensive IT Support for IT hardware and software.
The Systems Engineer will be part of a team of Engineers and System Administrators supporting Government customers on Capitol Hill. The selected candidate will work independently and with team members to develop, evaluate, implement, and sustain technical solutions for customer business applications and systems. The candidate will fill technical leadership roles on IT projects with an emphasis on consultation and customer relationship management.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Services to customers include but are not limited to:
- Frequent/direct customer interface with government system owner/customer stakeholders on planning and implementation and sustain of systems hosting mission critical business applications.
- System design, development, and implementation of infrastructure supporting customer business applications.
- Sustain system availability by implementing and managing industry standard tools for infrastructure and application availability monitoring.
- Design and test disaster recovery plans for supported systems and applications.
- Install, maintain and support virtualization environments supporting Windows VMs (VMWare).
- Secure systems for security audits, then initiate and support the audit review process with Enterprise IT Security.
- Triage system outages and issues and engage resources as needed.
- Research and analyze new and existing technologies and tools to provide more efficient architecture development techniques and processes.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Strong written and verbal customer communication skills.
- Experience directly interfacing with customer stakeholders on systems development and sustainment activities.
- Three years systems engineering background.
- Capacity to build, sustain, and optimize Windows Server OS VMs in VMWare environment.
- Capacity to develop and sustain Configuration Management Artifacts for supported systems that include but are not limited to system design documentation (SDD) and network diagrams.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to support occasional after hours/weekend projects or critical support functions (almost all afterhours work is performed via telecommute).
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Top Secret level security clearance.
- Usually requires BS and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters less than 2 years of prior relevant experience OR additional 6 plus relevant years of experience will be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with NetBackup or similar enterprise back up technologies.
- Familiarity with NetApp or similar enterprise SAN systems in support of virtual servers in VMWare environment.
- Familiarity with Citrix systems.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Possessing an existing TS Security clearance is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.