Leidos has an immediate need for a Junior Cybersecurity Application Developer to support this DHS SOC Program. The Application Developer will join a multidisciplinary team and needs to be a self-starter with excellent technical planning, system design, analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgement and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The applications developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS Enterprise Security Operations Center capabilities. The Application Developer will work under the direction of senior staff on tasks to maintain existing applications and infrastructure, plan and install new hardware/software, assist with ATO compliance, help ensure the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks, etc. The multidisciplinary nature of the team provides opportunities to work on a variety of applications and hardware that the team supports.
- Develop and support capabilities on the RSA Archer platform as well as a variety of other platforms.
- Assist with Server admin, account maintenance, upgrades and related Change Management requirements
- Conduct POAM remediation, system support/maintenance.
- Break/Fix System support and ticket resolution support.
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages development and support
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and deliverables
- The candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 4 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in cybersecurity
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, Security+, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, SEI, CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasking
- Experience with Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience with RedHat Linux
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.