Leidos Defense group is presently looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to support our DISA GSM-O team in Pearl Harbor, HI. To qualify, you must hold an active Secret Clearance.
The selected candidate will perform the primary duties listed:
- Support all aspects of administration and maintenance of a large scale databased, to ensure optimum performance and security of data. Respond promptly to alerts that could negatively impact database performance.
- Interface with soft developers, analysts, and other project team members using Agile SCRUM methodology to implement database changes in support of new or updated system capabilities while ensuring no impact to database performance. Provide advice and support related to database design and programming to developers.
- Coordinate with Technical Subject Matter Expert lead to define long-range requirements for database administration and design.
- Facilitate activities to implement data governance to improve/maintain data quality ensuring accuracy of data utilizing Ports of Entry.
- Apply knowledge and experience with both database technologies and development methodologies to perform database programming that supports development of product features.
- Maintain database artifacts, e.g., ERD and data dictionaries.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify opportunities to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- Additionally you may be required to pull call record history data, perform Brio Query, add PDC, CLIN and JON request to customer Service Request/Service Order.
- You will primarily manage the DBMS for the PES-HI COMIT Application. The COMIT Application is the primary interface for ordering services and managing the Alcatel Lucent 5ESS Telephony Switches which provide POTS services to all Military Departments in the Hawaii Region.
- Are you a creative thinker? Do you consider yourself analytical? To be successful in this new role, you will be expected to employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives on the Legacy COMIT Application.
- You will regularly communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- You will provide your expertise in Oracle Databases and technology as a means to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Also requires the following certifications:
- COMPTIA Security +CE, Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database Administrator Certified Master
- Working Knowledge of the COMIT Application
- Experience with MS Office Experience and/or Crystal Reports or similar/related technology qualification
- CISSP or similar certification (IAT III 8570 compliance)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.