Leidos Security & Detection Systems are the leading supplier of security & detection systems for aviation, transportation, government and critical infrastructure. Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information, technology, engineering and science.
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Agility, Collaboration and Commitment.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the technical support and training supervisor, the primary responsibility of this position is to provide a responsive, competent and effective training and technical support services to Leidos technical staff, customers and/or users, to ensure the correct operation and maintenance of company equipment and products.
These duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Delivers courses for training technical employees and/or customers in the use and/or maintenance and repair of all products. This may involve conducting training in-house or at customer locations throughout EMEAI. Updates and reviews training material in line with ongoing hardware/software changes.
- Educates class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for conducting and developing all technical training programmes (internal and external) for a wide range of products, technologies and working practices in line the Company Operating Procedure 22.
- Complies with all associated and relevant RAMS for the training programme.
- Assists in determining training objectives. Leads in development of training course curricula (outlines, handouts, tests, etc.) Develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities. Maintains records of training activities and employee progress. Liaises with the Training coordinator and delivers training documentation on course completion.
This role requires extensive technical knowledge of all company products and features as well as a strong capability to troubleshoot and problem solve all types of technical issues over the telephone Including:
- Providing advanced telephone technical support to customers (internal and external) regarding most complex technical aspects of assigned products. Acts as technical liaison between S&DS customer service and the customer throughout EMEAI and may be required to attend escalations to offer technical support out of hours.
- Answers most complex questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of assigned products.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct most complex equipment failures.
- Distributes software and technical bulletins to customers and field technicians to advise of equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Interfaces with internal groups such as ECO, Production Review, Manufacturing Review Pre-shipment Quality and New Product meetings as required.
You will have a record of accomplishment as a Trainer and Technical Support Engineer, together with proven experience of successfully delivering competent and effective training and technical support service programmes to technical staff, customers and/or users, coupled with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (completion of a technical trade school or military training) with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience delivering and/or developing technical training programs. Knowledge of learning theories and skilled in classroom presentation required.
- Proven experience in field service environment with advanced knowledge of x-ray, CT and/or Automated technologies is required together a comprehensive knowledge of electronic and mechanical assemblies, as well as wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and multi-cultural skills are essential.
- Possess a willingness to travel from own home and capability to manage own time without continuous supervision.
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess current eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Leidos Security & Detections Systems is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.