Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The Leidos Civil NISC III program has an opening for a Business Process Re-Engineering SME to support the Federal Aviation Administration. The SME must provide Business Process Re-Engineering assistance, transition planning, research and analysis, and program management support for the FAA Academy Safety and Technical Training office to support the implementation and integration of the National Airspace System Modernization Program.
Specifically, the Business Process Re-Engineering SME will:
- Lead major portions of large or medium projects, and lead small projects autonomously. Gather facts through research, interviewing, and surveys.
- Analyze Technical Trainings business processes, draw conclusions, prepare final reports, and give presentations.
- Use in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge to practice business objectives and processes.
- Define, implement, and maintain business processes and procedures to meet business objectives.
- Analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements.
- Develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with FAA standards.
- Work with other process engineers in integration of new and existing business processes.
- Use best practices to carry out business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements, and change management activities.
- Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes, and risks.
- Evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements.
- Develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs.
- Prioritize and execute projects for ongoing business improvements.
- Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, and costs.
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must hold Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Attention to detail, consistency, and standards.
- Desire and ability to learn new information in a quick and efficient manner.
- Possess strong work ethic and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible, work under deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong English grammar and writing skills alongside technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of FAA Learning Management System and Academy practices and procedures, a plus.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.