The Leidos Defense & Intelligence group is looking for a Product Owner to join our team to be responsible for the integration, operations, and sustainment of various operational and in-development systems. This position will oversee the non-COTS systems deployed and sustained on the program. These systems are cloud based and represent the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies to our customer. The effort will primarily custom technologies to deliver advanced production and dissemination capabilities using desktop, web and cloud technologies.
- Work with other POs and program leadership to help shape the product vision and high level priorities
- Prepare and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning
- Refine, manage and prioritize program backlog
- Collaborate with team to develop and define acceptance criteria
- Be available to answer team questions and provide guidance
- Anticipate customer and stakeholder needs
- Help manage team and program roadmaps
- Drive the daily execution of an agile systems team
- Define, document, and track the completion of Epics, Stories, Tasks, and Bugs
- Coordinate dependencies with other POs and work across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program
- Communicate with other product owners, scrum masters, program leadership, customer, and development teams to report on status, blockers, etc.
- Participate in agile meetings such as daily scrum, retro’s, and planning
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team.
- Strong and demonstrable Systems Engineering background
- Agile Development knowledge and experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Proficient in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Proficient in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Active Top Secret Clearance and the ability to achieve TS/SCI with Poly
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- SAFe Agile Certification
- 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner
- Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager or equivalent PO certification
- Jira/Confluence collaboration tools experience
- Geospatial Experience including tools such as ArcGIS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.