Leidos has an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator to support the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of it services; including service desk, desk-side support, windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, active directory services, video conferencing, Operations and Maintenance, and Engineering Services.
The individual selected for this position will be a key member of the systems operations and administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC.
This candidate will perform Windows System administration activities for physical and virtual server environments. Prior hands-on knowledge and experience of Windows System Administration is required for this position. The candidate will be a self-starter, technically capable, motivated, and team oriented, reporting to the Operations Manager and interacting with the Engineering team for escalations and project information needed for the “AS-IS” environment. The candidate selected will also interact with the Desk Side team and end-user customers.
• Monitoring of production systems with the SCOM tool. Acting on and resolving system issues as it relates to alert notifications.
• Monitoring of the SNOW ticket queues for operations to ensure incidents and service request are resolved in a timely manner, and in accordance with our Service Level Agreements.
• Works closely with the change coordinator to submit Charge Request, speaks to the change request in the Technical Review Board (TRB) to obtain customer approval to proceed.
• Makes recommendations for technical improvements and follows through upon approval to proceed from the Operations Manager.
• Participates in weekly maintenance planning meetings, executes the plans during the weekend maintenance windows.
• Participates in customer meetings when needed for open discussions in regards to plans, incidents and requests.
• Participates with the Operations Manager in the creation of After Action Reports due to outages that impact the end-user community mission.
• Supports the Operations Manager to create the draft for Root Cause Analysis (RCA), follows through to close on action items defined in the RCA.
• Communicates and collaborates well with team members, management, and customers (end-users).
• Reviews and follows existing process documentation, creates draft processes and works with the Technical Writer to finalize the processes.
• Ability to multi-tasks managing various assignments, action items, incidents and service request related to Operations.
• Prior experience and knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems based on 2008 and higher
• Prior experience and the ability to manage and troubleshoot physical and virtual Windows Server components including AD Services, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Print Services, etc
• Ability to effectively manage and troubleshoot Windows Servers in a VMware environment
• SCCM hands on technical experience
• Hands on technical experience with physical and virtual servers, HP and Dell
• NetApp or EMC storage experience
• Remediating security vulnerabilities and reporting to the security POC
• Veritas Backup and/or NetBackup experience
• Prior experience working during maintenance windows (patching, minor upgrades, security POA&M mitigations, Data Centers)
• Weekly reports to the Ops Manager
• Typically requires BS and 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 5 to 8 years of prior relevant experience. A degree can be substituted with 10+ years of experience
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• MS certification(s)
• ServiceNow hands on experience is a plus
• SCOM and BigFix experience
• Active Directory and Domain Controller experience
• Experience with RSA console management
• Prior experience with ServiceNow
• MS Azure experience
• MS SQL experience is a plus
• Symantec Endpoint Protection experience
• APC Hardware/Software knowledge
• Dell and HP hardware experience
• Data Center experience
• Prior Federal Gov’t support experience
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
US Citizenship is required.
Current clearance is not required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.