The Leidos Health Group’s CTO organization is seeking a Solutions Architect to develop solutions that positively impact the health and safety of people throughout the world. This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Military and Veteran Health Services organization with a focus on military health needs. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities, agency-wide operational support, performance health services, to healthcare delivery support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology, healthcare delivery services, military and veteran health, and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
- Lead and develop innovative solutions in support of major capture and proposal efforts; balance solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Create white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating technical thought leadership in response to customer needs.
- Support capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the development of the integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the military and veteran health services market.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving technical performance on existing programs as required.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering activities to interact with clients in combination with the market Business Development and Operations teams; provide consultancy to customers representing Leidos’ technical expertise and capabilities.
- Support BD and Capture teams to identify, quality, and pursue opportunities.
- Bachelor degree in technical fields with 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience, or Master degree in technical field with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Lead Solutions Architect on medium or large size business captures and proposals.
- Experience and/or expertise in at least three of the following areas: Networking, System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance or Cyber Security, ITIL Framework (v4 preferred), Agile Development, Healthcare Service Delivery, and Human Performance Sciences.
- Cloud architecture, cloud migration, applications migration.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals.
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals.
- Experience in conducting trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects.
- Experience in customer engagements.
- Development and/or Operational program experience.
- Direct experience supporting VA and/or DHA.
- Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts.
- Broad experience developing solutions involving IT infrastructure, systems, applications, data sciences, artificial intelligence, or robotic processing
- Experience developing or managing secure DevOps solutions.
- Experience developing cloud-based solutions and migration.
- Experience developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Experience fostering an inclusive team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.