Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Software Asset Manager in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers. ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
Clearance: An active DOD Secret Security Clearance is required.
Location: Hillsboro, OR or may also work in a Telework capacity from any U.S. based location.
This role will provide software asset management support to a large government agency. You will lead the planning, deployment, monitoring, harvesting and retirement of software assets. You will implement software asset management best practice workflows, processes, and procedures. Additionally, you will be responsible for creating and updating software information within BMC Remedy, Flexera and other Software Asset Management Applications. Lastly, you will be involved in determining software license compliance based on software license right-to-use (RTU), software license agreements, maintenance agreements and software installations.
- Support the development, implementation and management of government agency asset management tools.
- Validate requirements to create and modify IT software asset records and associated contract records.
- Manually create or modify IT software asset records and associated contract records in Flexera Applications such as App Portal, Workflow Management and FMNS (Flexera Network Management suite)
- Update IT software license asset records, software license contracts and software maintenance agreements and associated relationships.
- Ensure all changes to vendor agreements are accurately reflected in SAM system as confirmed with license contract holders.
- Research, upgrade and downgrade parameters that impact client Right to Use (RTU) when creating or modifying software title counters.
- Provide expertise in ensuring that software license contracts and agreements, software licenses and software installations and associated linkages are reflected correctly in the ITAM / Software.
- Provide expertise to ensure that software license records are linked to the correct hardware device.
- Provides software license compliance status reports to management and agency (as needed).
- Process software related requests (new requests, changes, upgrades, etc.).
- Review software compliance measures based on existing licensing agreements.
- Develop trending analysis relating to current utilization and installation of licenses based on RTU.
- Provide analysis of asset data information for compliance and risk purposes as well as trends, contracts, and costs.
- Associate Degree in related field with at least three years of related technical experience
- Strong knowledge & exp. with software asset life cycle management processes planning, acquisition, deployment, monitoring, harvesting and retirement
- Experience with development of software asset management policies, workflows, processes, and procedures
- 3+ years of experience
- SAM certification preferred (e.g., IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager).
- Knowledge and experience with software asset management related international standards (e.g., ISO 19770, ISO20000/ITIL)
- Experience with license management and optimization tools, software discovery tools (e.g., MS SCCM, Remedy, CMDB, LANDesk, Flexera or similar)
- Experience interpreting software licensing terms and conditions.
- Experience with Share-point.MS office suite Strong knowledge of software publishers' licensing models and software deployment and use rights (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle and McAfee).
- Experience with SQL Database Server to create and generate Software Licensing reporting preferred
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Word Processing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.