Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for an Audiovisual/Video Teleconference (AV/VTC) Engineer at Osan Air Base, Korea. The AV/VTC Engineer will provide engineering and technical support for secure audiovisual and video teleconferencing systems in support of Pacific Air Force (PACAF) units/organizations at Osan AB. The engineer will oversee all AV and VTC equipment and installations as well as ensure the proper utilization and execution of the VTC equipment/rooms. They will be responsible for the oversight and execution of several AV and VTC upgrade/refresh projects that are initiated by the customer and will be the subject matter expert for installation and configuration. The AV/VTC engineer will also develop and update drawings, program video and audio matrix interconnected systems; research and implement new software, as well as technological developments to improve various aspects of the systems and support.
The AV/VTC Engineer contractor is the AV/VTC expert with the follow responsibilities:
- The AV/VTC Engineer must be able to set up, interconnect and operate multilevel secure (unclass through TS/SCI) AV/VTC equipment including LCD projectors and screens, audio mixers, microphones, sound systems, teleprompter, DVD players, production and document cameras, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other technology devices;
- establish wired network connections;
- integrate web and audio conferencing into meetings;
- operate complex AV/VTC systems with integrated video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback and remote control devices;
- establish point-to-point and multi-point video conferences;
- identify, troubleshoot and resolve AV/VTC equipment and connectivity issues;
- lift, transport and assemble AV/VTC equipment;
- adapt to changes in technology;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- prioritize projects and organize time;
- establish and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- train others on AV/VTC system operation;
- research technical resources and adapt to changes in technology.
- responsible for the development, implementation, and installation of audiovisual enterprise systems.
- responsible for developing/updating drawings, programming all video and audio matrix interconnected systems;
- research and implement new software, as well as technological developments to improve various aspects of the systems and support.
- understand all aspects of AV/VTC equipment and related peripherals, basic signal flow, inter-connectivity of AV/VTC equipment and systems, standard software applications, various computer platforms and operating systems, basic network infrastructure, and basic electrical safety practices.
- Instruct others in the selection, use and design of AV/VTC materials;
- provide individual instruction and support for equipment setup and operation as needed;
- assist in developing and providing budgetary estimates and schedules for equipment replacements;
- support Government Senior Leaders (SES/GO) long range capital investment/life Cycle replacement program for organizations Enterprise AV/VTC capability.
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of directly related experience supporting AV/VTC Operations.
- BA/BS degree in a related technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronics) or HS/AAS Degree with a combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- IAT Level I, Security + Certification
- AMX and/or Extron Certification.
- Polycom VTC, CISCO/Tandberg VTC/DVTC Experience
- US Passport
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Outstanding communications skills (Verbal/Telephone/Written)
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Basic Korean language skills/ability
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.