Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
The successful candidate will provide broad spectrum software engineering support to our project office as our team implements technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
As part of a multi-functional, heavily matrixed team, this Senior Software Engineer will oversee PPSS and PDSS efforts for a specified aerial platform while providing functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems. This will include, but may not be limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. The successful candidate will participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems and solve engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
The successful candidate will participate in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline systems.
The Senior Software Engineer will oversee the activities of a small team (5-10 personnel) and conduct internal reviews to ensure delivery of services and products on time or ahead of schedule. The successful candidate will perform technical surveillance of systems and software controls and processes through in-depth review of software products. Additional duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Enhance and optimize platform processes and technical procedures, tools, reports, and databases
- Work with the program management team to enhance standardization and consistency
- Perform internal audits of the technical accuracy of procedures and monitor platform reporting and metrics
- Support the root cause analysis activities associated with high severity level tickets/outages
- Facilitate and investigate platform issues in coordination with engineering and other technical personnel
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics to gauge progress toward objectives
- Develop, review, and approve contract deliverables (e.g. plans, procedures, reports, CDRLs/SDRLs) for release to the customer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Nine years functional experience conducting functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
- At least one year software engineering experience on Army tactical systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Currently possess an active Top Secret Clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Post Production Software Support/Post Production Deployment Support for defense intelligence systems
- US Army aerial and terrestrial sensor system experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.