The successful candidate will be a member of the Towed Array Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TA IMA) team in Rota Spain. Leidos is establishing a site in early 2021, which will be located in Rota, Spain, providing direct fleet support of the towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships. The facility in Rota will not be available for IMA startup until the spring of 2021. Therefore, upon hiring the successful candidate will commence training and qualification in the technical aspects of towed array support and the administrative processes and systems associated with this activity at one of the existing Towed Array IMA’s. The location of that training will depend on where the candidate is currently located and the proximity of an IMA that performs TB-37 array maintenance in addition to the submarine arrays. The candidate will be expatriated to Spain in the first quarter, CY21 in sufficient time to establish residence before facility startup commences.This includes providing 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support as tasked. Other responsibilities of the program include shipping/receiving/warehousing, government property administration, and asset tracking.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. Candidate will be responsible to review technical documentation, identify discrepancies and submit TMDERS (Technical Manuals Deficiency/Evaluation Report) corrections. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed Array IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected to either be previously qualified or complete all qualifications as a Towed Array IMA array technician and Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements within six months of hire date. Upon completing qualifications the selected candidate will be expected to take on technical lead assignments supporting IMA day to day operations. Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government, and civilian support contractors. The candidate may be expected to assume additional collateral duties from time to time as assigned by the site manager. The candidate may be expected to assume oversight of IMA day to day operations from time to time in the absence of the site manager.
- Graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above the high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to U.S. Navy "C" school and at least two years experience in the test and repair of electronic/electrical equipment.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to commencement of employment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must complete a background check and physical to be able to obtain a DOT license.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products (2007/2010)
- Active Secret security clearance
- Prior US military service, preferably Navy and on a platform utilizing towed sonar systems (submarine or surface ship).
- Experienced in the operation, troubleshooting, and/or repair of towed sonar arrays, or experience with any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, OK-276, OA-9070/9070A, OK-410 or OK-542/542A.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Have a working knowledge of the Towed Array Management System (TAMS) and Virtual In-service Engineering System (VISE).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Engineering Tech
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.