The 363rd Intelligence Support Squadron currently has an opening for Server Administrator to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Wing (ISRW) and Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. The successful candidate will be an experienced Windows/UNIX/LINUX Server Administrator. The Server Administrator will assume the role of baseline management administrator and will be part of an integral team that supports a large world-wide enterprise environment. The candidate will help set up, plan, implement the system management environment to support client deployments, security patch management and schedules, application deployments, automation scripts, inventory reporting, and all other aspects of the systems management environment. The candidate will be responsible for working with management to understand and implement their requirements of the system, teach support staff the functionality of the system, and provide expertise and guidance to the management on how to use the systems management environment effectively. The Server Administrator will be responsible for deploying all software in the enterprise to include baseline images. The candidate must work closely with security personnel to determine patching requirements and procedures. Ability to respond quickly to rapid changes and accepts new challenges. Personable, professional, ethical and maintain a positive attitude. The work for this position will be performed in a Special Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) located at Langley AFB Hampton, VA.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems
- Applicants must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance.
- Applicants should possess 3+ years of related experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Must possess Security + certification as required by DoD directive 8570
- Understand how large TCP/IP network infrastructures operate, including basic functionalities of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP
- Using Active Directory and LDAP and their querying languages to extract data and possess experience in developing backup
- Experience with Global Command and Control System (GCCS)
- Experience with Image Store (iStore)
- Experience with Information Support Server Enterprise (ISSE) network systems
- Experience administering servers in an Air Force environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.