The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
Be our Cloud Architect providing technical engineering management in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with other Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation.
Roles you will be doing on the job:
• Working with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program.
- Planning, designing, implementing and supervising our on-prem to cloud migration solution, in classified environment.
- Migration and managing cloud environments in accordance with our security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for project’s cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS networking, provisioning, and management
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate leadership ability to support decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the program.
- Coordinate with D3P team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Extensive experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) to include application migration.
- Extensive knowledge of classified environment’s security enclave
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to SecDevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Experience in a Cloud Architect role or related position
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the project’s roadmap and how cloud-based technology can support these efforts
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to product owners
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct work reviews with team members
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Strategic experience with container deployment architecture using Kubernetes, Openshift, or GCE in the Cloud
- Experience with big data applications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.