Leidos currently has an opening for a Business Analyst, Senior to work from Austin, TX onsite at the customer’s location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
- Use in-depth knowledge and technical understanding of data center configurations, applications, software, hardware, and various data center operating systems to analyze raw data, create documentation and reports, and respond to correspondence in a technical manner.
- Under the direction of the Enterprise Data Warehouse Manager, report organization and data center inventory analysis, and perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Conduct data preparation and blending to support database view creation
- Work with Data Analysts for data visualizations and reporting.
- Assume responsibility for the creation and coordinated analysis of data mining to ensure comprehensive understanding of Veterans Affairs data center IT Asset inventory
- Understand the scope and relevant attributes of all IT Asset data sources
- Develop and document specifications for ad-hoc report requests from the Customer, assessing fields for content and transfer requirements to reporting development
- Facilitate the training, and promotion of self-service Data Center report downloads.
- Define report results to Operations Teams and assist in analysis with customer to determine gaps in information or in process execution
- Participate in Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
- Represent Leidos as a Subject Matter Expert on IT Asset data analysis.
- Work closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Other duties as assigned.
During normal non-travel work hours, work is mostly performed in an office location and this position is mostly sedentary, requiring the ability to perform work seated at a desk during the daily tour of duty.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Frequently communicates with their peers and customers within and outside of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Must be able exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75-100%
- A Senior Business Analyst has experience in the effective use of raw data to create documentation and reports and to respond to correspondence in a technical manner. Will considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting or related scientific or technical discipline plus 5 yeas of experience. 13 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and technical understanding of data center configurations, applications, software, hardware, and various data center operating systems.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- US Citizen Federal contract requirement
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, BMC Discovery, SolarWinds, ForeScout , BigFix
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.