The Data Center Optimization Team – Site Manager shall support of the IOSS Contract’s Data Center Optimization Initiative task order. In this role, the successful candidate assists the team with the performance of:
- Consolidation of VA data center spaces in multiple phased, concurrent, and rolling projects directly supporting each consolidation location.
- Migration of equipment and/or services from one VA Data center location to another, in order to reduce the number of data centers in the VA inventory.
- In partnership with key stakeholders across the different IT pillars, help determine the end state location, plan and execute the migration, and complete the closure as defined by OMB mandate.
- Function as a member of an established team in a cooperative working evvironment.
- Follow guidance from project planning documents.
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center consolidation activities. Follow guidance from consolidation project planning documents. Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on consolidation activities.
- Coordinate communications with onsite points of contact regarding all activities and conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Travel to remote regional CONUS locations (up to 50%) to complete datacenter surveys
- Ability to physically perform data center surveys, including ability to access congested and restricted areas.
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center documentation activities.
- Conduct and/or validate documentation on all VA IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, firewalls, etc) within the datacenter using a combination of logical and physical tools and methods.
- Document the physical configuration of the data center and all equipment, hardware, furniture, and similar within the space.
- Document the logical configuration of the data center and how networks provide WAN and LAN connectivity to users in the administrative building.
- Coordinate network capacity performance testing on networks for remote operations; make appropriate technical recommendations to the consolidation program to satisfy user needs in the future operating environment.
- Identify appropriate target environments for relocation of IT services to target operating environments. Conduct business, contracting, and technical coordination to implement approved IT service migrations.
- Conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Modify, create, and close out support agreements to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Supervise supporting contract operations to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Estimate level of effort for DCOI personnel and support contractors to successfully complete datacenter consolidation survey.
- Coordinate activities of support contractors and ensure complete gathering of relevant onsite data is completed.
- Translate physical site documentation into logical drawings, spreadsheets, and other electronic formats.
- Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on documentation activities.
- Provide leadership to teams and establish rapport with VA Program Managers
- Provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support consolidation project activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to obtain public trust clearance.
US Citizen ; Federal contract requirement
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years’ experience. Ten (10) additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree. Data center experience (infrastructure, management, administration) is preferred.
- Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required)
- Concurrent multiple project management experience including personnel, time, and project management processes
- Interpersonal communication
- Technical communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Integration of complex data into consistent, organized data sets using standard office software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Teams
- Travel will be required, up to 50%
- During normal non-travel work hours, work is mostly performed in an office location and this position is mostly sedentary, requiring the ability to perform work seated at a desk during the daily tour of duty.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Frequently communicates with their peers and customers within and outside of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Must be able exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- While in office location and while conducting onsite surveys during travel, gathering data of onsite data centers will be necessary
- Constantly positions self to obtain information from IT equipment, including inside rack cabinets, under desks and in server closets which may include the requirement to access constricted spaces.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to evaluate IT equipment/infrastructure in raised spaces.
- Ability to traverse raised tiles floors which are occasionally unsteady.
- Occasionally moves equipment up to 50 lbs to facilitate access to blocked areas in data center.
- Ability to remain in a standing position for as many as eight (8) hours a day.
- PMP Certification
- Datacenter management and/or operations experience
- Datacenter electrical and/or cooling experience
- Network management and/or network hardware experience
- Server management and/or server hardware experience
- Logistics experience
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.