The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, Annapolis Junction, MD area.
Primary Responsibilities :
Develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing for the Finance Intelligence and High Interest Cargo team to support Threat Finance Analytic Development. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end‐to‐end solution including ﴾but not limited to﴿ accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4- 8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4-8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least three ﴾3﴿ years of experience developing software with high level languages ﴾such as Java, C, C++﴿, developing software in UNIX/Linux ﴾RedHat versions 3‐5+﴿, and software integration and testing ﴾to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts﴿.
- At least two ﴾2﴿ years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store ﴾NoSQL﴿ such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System ﴾HDFS﴿, and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1﴿ Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2﴿ developing restful services, and 3﴿ using source code management tools.
Preferred Qualifications :
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.