The Geospatial Data Analyst position directly supports key customer mission requirements for maritime safety of navigation. The position requires GIS skills to analyze, manipulate, convert, and transform geographic data into military specified compliance, while maintaining weekly and monthly milestone schedule requirements. Successful candidates will possess the following minimum required skills:
- Strong maritime product knowledge and GIS background who can demonstrate effective throughput
- Direct experience with Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) and/or Digital Nautical Chart (DNC)
- Esri ArcGIS software experience, to include updating geodatabases in ArcMap, managing data in ArcCatalog, utilizing Product Libraries, and various data editing toolbars
- Keen attention to detail and rigorous organizational skills
- Good communication, willingness to learn, and adaptive skills in order to coordinate & contribute in a team environment
- Bachelors and 3+ years of professional GIS experience required or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- No clearance is required, but only those who are eligible to receive one should apply
- Experience with GIS data conversion and cross-product schema mapping would be a plus
- SQL and Python experience would be a plus
Potential opportunity for telework.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.