The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI/ML) Solutions Architect for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Coordinate with the Special Projects Team, and the GSMO CTO to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth, improved customer satisfaction, and operational efficiencies.
- Strong AI/ML technical breadth and depth in support of the DoD and in particular in government network design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
- Apply AI/ML algorithms and libraries effectively, applying learning procedures to fit the data use cases.
- Apply data modeling techniques to find useful patterns (correlations, clusters, etc.) and predicting properties of seen and unseen instances (regression, anomaly detection, etc.) and continuously evaluate the accuracy of a given model
- Lead a team of Solution Architects within the Leidos AI / ML Accelerator developing and delivering AI solutions in a range of technology areas, from Predictive Analytics (PA) to Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Building the next level of design and implementation plans for the early AI operations innovations in the following areas: AI/ML Pilots – Augment the Operator, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Intelligent Ticket Routing and Predictive Analytics
- Designing, engineering and coordinating migration of these innovations into the AWS IL5 and IL6 Cloud.
- Drive the use of tools and technique Coordinate with innovations team members and the government to integrate AI/ML innovation in to the operational environment by coordinating designs, change packages, configurations, and documents/diagrams for the implementation of new technology deployments
- Develop and provide briefings to senior leaders, program managers, and internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12-15 years of professional experience; or 10-13 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level I, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of AIML capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- Proven experience in providing AI/ML architectural support, technical leadership, and the ability to present difficult concepts to customers, and executives.
- Deep industry awareness in AI/ML, and able to Identify and apply new use cases/opportunities for the incorporation of AI/ML technology
- Improving, and expand upon existing AI/ML techniques currently in use.
- AWS (cloud) knowledge/expertise
- Developing, training, and deploying AI/ML models.
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding innovations and communications requirements
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
- Self-starter that has experience in supporting COTS integration and development efforts
- Experience with various AI /ML tools and technologies
- Experience with Automation Anywhere, IBM NOI and Predicative Insights Tool Suites, Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Experience with various Element management systems
- Agile Methods
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.