Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The NISC III program has an opening for a Software Developer. The Developer must provide facility and software engineering program support services in a wide range of areas supporting the National Airspace System (NAS) implementation programs for the Office of Facility Management at the FAA Mike Monroney Aeronautical. The Software Developer will perform a mix of routine and varying assignments associated with the management of the Archibus facility management software applications. This will include demonstrating procedures, troubleshooting problems, researching applications and functionality, testing, updating, and managing system data.
Specifically, the Software Developer will:
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Familiarity with HTML and XML.
- Experience writing complex queries and analyzing large amounts of data in SQL databases.
- Working knowledge of SQL server and Apache Tomcat.
- Understanding of programming concepts, such as common data structures and algorithms, programming logic, data validation, and user interface design.
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Skilled in capturing and documenting business processes from non-technical personnel and identify system requirements.
- Ability to analyze business requirements against existing system functionality to determine solutions within the commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product requiring little to no customization.
- Possess strong work ethic and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible, work under deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Strong analytical skills and proven problem-solving ability.
- Experience providing user support and obtaining error details from users to replicate, troubleshoot and solve system problems.
- JAVA experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and/or ESRI experience is a plus.
- Mobile application development (iOS/Android/Windows) is a plus.
- Familiarity with FAA Information System Security (ISS) requirements and/or NIST Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems
- Knowledge of facility management concepts and/or ARCHIBUS or other Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS)
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.