The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Cloud Architect to provide technical leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. Cloud Architect requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures. The Cloud Architect will serves as lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
- 8 years’ experience software development environment
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Requires experience with Mobile development - at least 3-5 years.
- Requires experience in both Front-end Mobile and Back-end RESTFUL API development.
- Requires experience in development of Node JS applications.
- Requires experience in both NoSQL and SQL database’s
- Must have strong application testing discipline.
- Experience with Google’s Flutter engine and Google’s Dart language and similar Android/iOS framework.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Creative thinker
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with DevOps frameworks
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP
- AWS Experience is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline.
Worked in Agile environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.