The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverable of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- 8 years’ experience software development environment
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency and knowledge of the following:
- .NET framework experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with DevOps frameworks
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP
- Experience on AWS, CI/CD, SecDevOps is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.