The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for Software Systems Engineers on their Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) programs. The position involves using leading-edge software/systems engineering processes and tools for 1) the development and integration of software suites and simulations; 2) the integration of COTS/GOTS/GFE hardware and software with in-house developed software; and 3) the testing, deployment, and sustainment of host systems. Direct communication with customers, end users, and team members occurs on a regular basis. Program management support must also be provided frequently, with corresponding coordination, reporting, and presentation of technical status. The team consists of highly talented engineers and developers with strong fundamental skills that value utilizing new technologies, identifying best practices, exercising peer reviews, and exceeding customer expectations. Coordination with other teams, such as those performing functions of User Experience/Interface (UX/UI), Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity, Configuration Management (CM), Product Support, Logistics, etc., must be performed in conjunction with primary duties.
This position is located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
• Lead the technical execution of Unmanned Programs.
• Oversee Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) modeling activities
• Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions.
• Participate in alternative analysis, planning, definition, high-level, and low-level design of the new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• In conjunction with System Engineering team, allocate requirements to subsystems.
• Work with the test engineering lead to create a formal system test process that encapsulates all Scalable Control Interface (SCI) testing requirements.
• Communicate with leadership (internally and client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
• Coach, educate, and indoctrinate as necessary the development team, the management team, and the client team (stakeholders and users) in processes and procedures needed to achieve project success.
To be considered for these positions a candidate must meet the following requirements:
For T4 level: Bachelor’s degree with 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience
For T5 level: Bachelor’s degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or
Both levels require:
• Experience working with software development, software engineering, or software architectures, and integrating software systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of sound software systems design and development practices.
• Must be able to elicit customer needs and expectations, aid in relevant requirements and architecture/design maturation, implement quality, safety, and inventory control measures, and plan and conduct necessary verification and validation activities.
• Strong and diverse hardware, software, and systems technical background.
• Ability to track and deliver documentation and product to customer in a timely manner is key to this position.
• Demonstrated strong competency in multiple programming languages
• Knowledge of a variety of software infrastructures
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Up to 15% CONUS travel required
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Experience with Rhapsody/Cameo for SysML/UML modeling desired
• Experience with other modeling tools is a plus
• Experience with Open System Architecture (OSA)
• Experience as a Product Owner, Scrum Master and Developer on Agile teams
• Experience with C,C++, Python are a plus
• Experience with systems utilizing DO-178C, FACE 3.0, UCS 3.4, COE 3, and FoS Block II IOPs.
• Experience with EVMS / CAM duties
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.