The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for multiple Systems Engineers to perform systems engineering & modelling, integration, and test efforts on Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) programs. The candidates will utilize classic Systems Engineering and Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques within an Agile development effort. This position is responsible for technical planning and full life-cycle design, development, and integration in support of the UAS community. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidates will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Industry and DoD standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities.
• Acts as a proponent to ensure successful systems engineering input to the US Army UAS programs
• Assessment of customer technical inputs (objectives, requirements, etc.) for the related project
• Develops model-based system engineering products at the systems and subsystems level
• Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design
• Provide guidance for and creation of hardware and software requirements
• Performs integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
• Perform trade studies / analysis of alternatives
• Providing input for and review of Concept of Operations and related products
• Supports development of test plans
• Develops and maintains engineering documentation and diagrams
• As necessary, coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customers and leadership
To be considered for these positions a candidate must meet the following requirements:
For T1 level: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
For T2 level: Bachelor degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
For T3 level: BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience.
All levels require:
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
• Ability to work and collaborate in team-based environment
• Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Familiar with MBSE approach and Industry standard engineering methodologies
• Familiar with Agile development paradigm, particularly for software development
• Familiar with major programming language(s) or software testing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Up to 15% CONUS travel required
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Systems, Safety, Integration, Software, Operations, Avionics, etc.)
• Prior experience in models based engineering efforts and tools (e.g. Rhapsody/Cameo for SysML/UML)
• Prior experience in an Agile development effort
• Experience with C, C++, Python or software testing are a plus
• Familiarity with the requirements or operations of RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and MQ-1C Gray Eagle platforms
• Report and/or technical writing experience
• Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
• Experience with EVMS / CAM duties
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.