The Homeland Security Solutions Division within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager. The work location is to be Ashburn, Virginia, but the operations managed include approximately 360 international ports of entry/exit and 39 Border Patrol stations. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). ITI2 will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions. These solutions are intended to satisfy ongoing requirements for traveler processing through land, sea, and air ports of entry, as well as through Border Patrol inspection checkpoints. In this mission we are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle new challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions for national security and flow of travel and commerce.
The O&M Manager will oversee all required operational and maintenance activities, as well as sustainment and future modernization efforts – anything that involves touching or changing the port systems supporting ITI2. This includes managing a geographically distributed and diverse set of subcontractors with various skills and capabilities, from IT maintenance to electrical contracting, pulling wire to minor construction and civil works – anything needed to maintain and enhance port operations for ITI2. The O&M Manager will also be responsible for the logistics of supporting the ports, maintaining both just-in-time and inventory parts, a warehouse operation for spares and repairs, and GFE provided to support the mission. The O&M Manager will use predictive maintenance tools to ensure that stocks are right-sized and available based on expected failure rates, mean times to repair, and required ITI2 service level agreements (SLAs) with CBP.
The O&M Manager will work closely with the development teams (hardware, software, and integration) and the IT Security Specialist to develop preventive maintenance plans and activities required to sustain, secure, and enhance the core systems and their interfaces to networks and other supporting systems.
- Management of the O&M staff, both direct to Leidos and indirect staff under subcontractors.
- Trouble shooting applications, interfaces, and maintenance understanding around middleware, software, and firmware.
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding contractually required SLAs.
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordinating, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules including managing O&M teams around specific platform sustainment objectives.
- Maintain the trouble ticketing system required for dispatch and disposition, and manage the Tier 2 and Tier 3 personnel assigned to support maintenance dispatch.
- Transparent and timely communications, reports, and regular status meetings with internal team members and with external stakeholders and customers to communicate status on broken systems, status on upgrades, and planning for new initiatives.
- Maintain the ITI2 nationwide dashboard of status by port.
- Provide mentoring and training to team members on SOPs, technologies and CBP requirements.
- Monitor maintenance trends and results of predictive analytics to anticipate stocking and service needs so trips to the ports are timed for best advantage (e.g. doing PM while at the port for another fix) so that outages are minimized and labor and costs are conserved.
- Maintain knowledge and tracking of all assets required for the mission.
- Requires BS degree in either IT/Computer Science, Information Systems, Logistics Managing or a related field and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience in managing Tier II and Tier II support activities
- Strong asset management knowledge and proven experiences
- Experience with corrective maintenance response initiatives as well as root cause analysis and planning.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance planning as well as Corrective Maintenance activities
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations and multiple contractors.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
- Software development, hardware deployment system integration and/or test experience is a plus
- Experience with large-scale equipment deployments and sustainment activities on US borders
- PMI PMP certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.