As the Senior IT Data Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). You interface with other technical teams, DISA personnel, vendor technical support, and with technical representatives from DoD services. You will work as part of an integrated, cross-platform team to provide military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used for operations. You will leverage your understanding of Kafka, modern data architectures and Data Streaming to support the design, development, implementation and automation of enterprise level solutions for our DoD customers. You will support requirements analysis, systems design, integration, testing, and associated documentation. You will also provide tier 3 support for the operations and maintenance of fielded systems.
Support the design and implement the Data Ingest pipeline
- Ensure throughput and capacity of Kafka Connect
- Normalize data feeds into a common schema for ingestion into Elastic and into mission partner systems
- Enrich data feeds with derived metadata
- Route incoming data feeds into topic topology
- Support the addition of new data sources
- Support changes in schemas
- Implement any data reduction strategies such as duplicate event aggregation
Support the design, publishing and maintenance of schemas
- Schema design and optimization
- Maintain Schema Registry
- Work with mission partners to leverage schemas and data
Develop connectors for non-standard data sources
- Establish naming conventions
- Design topic hierarchies
- Optimize and manage partitions
- Design and manage partition placement
- Handle partition balancing
Support the development and implementation of automation
- Build out Ansible deployment of Confluent components
- Build out Ansible deployment of replication configuration
- Manage Ansible for operations (upgrades, scaling, etc.)
- Provide Ansible toolkit for mission partners
Build User Defined Functions (UDF) to support real time streaming data processing & analytics in KSQL
Build, optimize, and maintain KStreams processing jobs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with RedHat Linux
- Experience with KSQL
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with data architectures and data streaming
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IATII certification
- Experience with enterprise level architecture design and development
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience with multiple scripting/programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, etc.)
- Good Debugging Skills and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.