Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We’re looking for talented people to join our team and help us revolutionize the future of health.
Leidos Veterans Health is seeking an experienced Lead Software Developer to support the Veterans Administration Electronic Health Record Modernization efforts. This Lead Developer will oversee and manage one or more complex projects for the EHRM Data Migration/Data Syndication efforts.
- Participate in full SDLC of EHRM Data Migration and Data Syndication project including analysis, design, programming, implementation support
- Work in implementing, maintaining, and customizing VA EHRM Data Migration Viewers and interface efforts that includes use of MVC pattern
- Analyze requirements, systems architecture and applications on assigned projects
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems.
- Design program and technical specifications for various applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture, on assigned projects
- Produce required functional, technical, system architecture, data flows and documentation on assigned projects
- Independently plan projects and coordination/collaborate with other teams across the effort
- Mentors team members by sharing technical and applications knowledge and trouble-shooting techniques.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 4 years of prior relevant experience is required.
- Active VA Moderate Background Investigation and PIV desired.
- Understanding of the VA technology stack, i.e. VistA, JLV Caché, Healthshare, Ensemble in a Healthcare environment.
- Experienced with: MVC patterns, Java, Groovy or (Grails MVC), SOAP APIs or REST APIs
- Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo DB, Dynamo, Cassandra
- Familiarity in integration projects with healthcare-specific standards (HL7, CCD, C-CDA, X12, etc.)
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes evolving information
- Demonstrates advanced trouble-shooting skills to resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance assigned systems
- Ability to interact directly with all levels of the organization to assist in the development of support requirements and to make system recommendations.
- Experience/exposure to the Agile Framework or the willingness to learn
- Experience with automated builds and test tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.