Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Test Engineer with software coding, integration and cybersecurity test experience. You will be part of a highly focused and diverse team bringing the highest quality mission planning software to the warfighter. As part of an operationally focused team of Air Force mission planning Subject Matter Experts, software engineers and security test engineers, your role is to provide agile support to mission planning software developers and program managers to ensure highly integrated, secure solutions are delivered to the field.
This position is based on-site at Eglin AFB, FL and relocation is available to candidates looking to grow their career with our world class team. We are seeking candidates with an active Secret clearance and are motivated to hire!
The focus of this position is to assist test engineers conduct operationally representative evaluation of early release (development cycle) mission planning software with a focus on integration of multiple software components to affect seamless installation and operation of the complete mission planning environment on dedicated client systems, Air Force networks and Air-Operations-Center (AOC) nodes. This position focuses on troubleshooting software integration problems between 50+ software applications from different vendors that are brought together in a system of systems mission planning environment. This troubleshooting activity involves review of software code to identify integration issues and to assist the developer in required code changes. This position is part of a team that also conducts cybersecurity scans and analysis of compiled code to ensure compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides, adherence to related JMPS Technical Rules for JMPS software development and related software vulnerability assessments. The team uses commercial tools combined with custom scripts and automation to maximize the automation of scan and analysis efforts. You will evaluate component level and system level planning capabilities for multiple weapon systems and will provide subject matter expertise for developers, program managers, users, government test agencies and other mission planning stakeholders.
- Plan, execute and report on software integration troubleshooting efforts, conduct cybersecurity scans and analysis activities and provide findings and recommendations back to developers and program managers.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments.
- Activities include technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), use of industry standard and customized security scanning tools.
- Works directly with software developers, program management and operational user community to identify JMPS security vulnerabilities, integration problems and performance deficiencies and to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining evaluation procedures.
- Our team focuses on forward-looking solutions which has made us a valued lifetime partner ensuring mission success!
To be successful you will need these skills:
- BS degree or equivalent and 8 – 12 years relevant experience.
- In-depth skills with .NET development-preferably C# or ability to quickly gain C# proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of PowerShell and batch files; Registry and Windows file systems; Group Policy Objects (GPOs); TCP/IP networking; Information Assurance (IA) fundamentals & principals; and assessing the robustness of security systems and designs.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Basic understanding/knowledge with the following:
- Conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Industry IA Scanning Tools (e.g., OpenVas, Nikto, ACAS, or Nessus)
- IA NIST Special Publications and Security Controls
- IA Scanning Methods
- Encryption Protocols (TLS, SSL, etc.); Drive encryption (e.g., bit locker or Vera-crypt)
- XML and other standard configuration files
- Windows and other Event Logs
- Skills in conducting information searches.
Additional skills you may have:
- IA remediation and POA&M
- IA Continuous Monitoring
- Troubleshooting windows performance Windows built-in Performance Tools
- Mission Planning (routes, draw files, local points, Maps, Charts, etc)
- Linux or *NIX based systems
- Risk management
- OS Installation
- Mission Data and Data Management methods.
- Skills in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.