The Defense group for Leidos is seeking a senior Fleet Support Technician who will provide technical support for shore-site and shipboard AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 installations, operations, and maintenance reporting out of the Manassas, VA site. Additionally, candidate will be embedded in both the Leidos team and prime contractor’s team to assist in the testing of SQQ-89A(V)15 Technical Insertions (TI) and Advanced Capability Builds (ACB) and development of supporting technical, operational, and training source documents; serving as the Leidos SQQ-89A(V)15 ACB development hardware point of contact.
- Testing equipment and creating/updating documentation associated with installation activities
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults, perform repairs
- Provide training for shipboard/shore site SQQ-89A(V)15 technicians
- Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate Undersea Warfare (USW) equipment hardware approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide subject matter expertise to evaluate development of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals and System Operating Manuals
- Applicant must have technical maintenance and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 or equivalent SSN/SSGN/SSBN APB sonar system equipment
- Up to 50% travel may be required to support fleet activities
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Applicant must have at least 4 years of technical and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15 (ACB09, 11, or 13)
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V)15 or equivalent SSN/SSGN/SSBN APB system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
- System functional segments
- Sonar tactical equipment
- System LAN operation and administration
- Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
- Remove and replace procedures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.