Leidos has an opening for a VP of Accounting & Business Operations to join our Corporate Controller group. This is a key leadership position reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, and will oversee all enterprise shared service accounting, billing and project accounting activities. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader that focuses not only on results, but on the talented employees that comprise this organization, emphasizing development and engagement. You will have a major impact on the future state vision of how these critical activities are performed, optimized and transformed through digital initiatives. You will be a key leader in the finance organization, and is expected to interact frequently with Group and Operation finance leaders to ensure support services are optimized to meet business requirements.
This position can be supported from Reston - VA, Tucson - AZ, or Oak Ridge - TN.
- Provide leadership over key monthly and quarterly accounting activities including accruals, service centers, reserves, inventory, accounts receivable, benefits and other critical general ledger accounts.
- Manage ongoing interactions with external and internal auditors to ensure audit issues are investigated, resolved, and remediated where appropriate.
- Maintain a relentless focus on innovation and efficiency, with a goal to modernize and optimize manual transactional activities, and drive best practices into the organization.
- Establish and enforce a robust control environment to ensure the integrity of our SOX control framework
- Drive increased collaboration between the accounting, billing and project accounting organizations, including identifying dependencies that can be optimized to improve key processes and increase management visibility into key risks.
- Lead key talent development and engagement initiatives across this organization of approximately 150 finance and accounting professionals, including 8 direct reports.
- Establish, track and report on key performance indicators (KPI) to drive consistent standards in how performance is being measured and managed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Prior experience should include managing finance / accounting teams and projects at enterprise level with 10,000+ employees
- Strong understanding of SOX control framework
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experienced with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Broad experience presenting, interacting and influencing senior executives
- Ability to effectively lead and develop a team of high potential finance professionals
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience in Aerospace or Defense industry is highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience managing teams in remote locations
- Experience working with federal government customers
- Experience managing a shared service organization including the establishment of service level agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.