The position will assist in delivering Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) as an operational program in IT Operations. The resource will be involved in various activities within SACM – Hardware Audits, physical asset verification, asset custodianship, process documentation, configuration analyst, software, hardware and license asset management and process integration activities.
- Ensure mapping configurations are correct and accurate
- Function as an asset custodian – maintain records related to accountable assets
- Participate in audits and physical asset verification within home site and throughout the WMA.
- Maintain process documentation as Configuration Management processes improve/change
- Aid in program-wide configuration management strategy and execution plan.
- Aid in Planning and executing Enterprise Life-cycle Management.
- Assist in developing and maintaining program configuration management plan detailing processes and procedures for managing the program’s diverse configuration items including complex hardware, software, and documentation.
- Establish baseline network document control program/filing/retrieval system and document configuration management processes and procedures.
- Provide artifacts as needed to support Certification and Accreditation for systems and services.
- Instruct and train other team members and management staff regarding document control and configuration management use and processes.
- Aid in maintaining configuration control of the established network.
- Provide recommendations and best-practices to improve existing CM processes and procedures.
- Ensure configuration management program conforms to all required U.S. Government and Department of Defense rules and requirements.
- Asset Documentation experience
- Entering information in databases
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and professionally
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Experience gathering customer requirements
- Process Documentation experience
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
- Must hold a TS/SCI and be able to maintain the clearance
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
- May resolve problems within established practices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.