Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of NOC (Network Operations Center) Engineer in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS).
LOCATION: This role will work out of the Hillsboro, OR customer site or may work 100% remote from any U.S. Based location.
CLEARANCE: You must hold an active DOD Secret clearance to support this role.
About the Network Operations Center Role...
Our NOC supports the 24x7x365 global operations of a diverse CONUS and OCONUS network supplying telecommunications and connectivity services to US Govt customers around the world. The NOC is the focal point for monitoring and managing the status of the Wide Area Network, receiving support calls for connectivity issues, performing incident management and service restoration activities using a suite of automation tools and working with long haul carriers. The NOC also provides proactive problem management and customer reporting. Service issues that cannot be resolved by the NOC Tier 1 and 2 support are escalated to internal Tier 3 support for advanced troubleshooting and resolution. As Deputy NOC Manager, evaluate communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/MAN/CAN/WAN and other network-related problems, and provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks. Supervise and oversee technical baseline configuration; Verify STIG/IAVA compliance. Maintain all network-based systems. Coordinate with all responsible users and sites. Prepare and present systems-level reports as required.
- Provide network engineering solutions and network system administration for all network hardware associated with the classified and unclassified ACE-IT networks.
- Maintain an up to date configuration of all commercial software and hardware relevant to the management of the classified and unclassified ACE-IT networks.
- Configure and maintain network management platforms. Evaluate, troubleshoot and analyze network events
- Develop engineering, deployment and integration plans for new network systems.
- Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to senior management and customers.
- Provide technical expertise at NOC meetings, as well as planning and scheduling meetings as required.
- Participate in contract proposals, negotiations and modifications as required.
- Develop, revise and update procedures.
- Interface directly with customer on all networking efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Network Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Personal Computers, Printers and Electronic Test Equipment.
- May on occasion, install connecting cabling in office environment.
- Masters’ Degree and Seven years’ experience or Bachelor’s Degree and ten years’ experience in IT or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification as follows: Must have at least one of the following: Security +, GSEC, SCNP, or SSCP. Also must have one of the following CE Certifications: CCIE, CCNP or CCVP.
- 10 or more years of practical experience managing a NOC and/or providing at least Senior Engineering level support in a large scale, complex, high performance network, is acceptable.
- Able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.
- Skills should include: Cisco Network Equipment (Routers, Switches, and Firewalls), General Routing, Switch and Firewall Competencies, Load Balancing Experience and Knowledge.
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.