The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a x86 DevOps Administrator to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all Windows and VMware operational issues.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Resolve complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Support overall x86 hardware in datacenter and remote location to include firmware and driver ugprades.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows O/S, collect performance data and review event logs to determine root cause of various problem that come up with Application servers.
- Experience with Windows and VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL)
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational needs
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft based certifications
- Red hat Linux Based certification
- Vmware certification
- Ability to obtain a Public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.