The Mission Support Operation is seeking an Editor/Trainer Team Coordinator for a leadership role in its Blackstone Africa AOR.
TEAM COORDINATOR: Each team coordinator will coordinate team operations for a specific geographic region; as well as offer insights/suggestions/recommendations on coverage issues, staffing issues, and product and work process improvements. Candidates will maintain regional expertise in order to fully direct operations and are required to have strong foreign- and English-language skills. These candidates’ primary role is to supervise and direct all aspects of team workflows and processing with oversight by the Task or Program Manager.
TRAINER: The trainer will provide training and feedback to a team of virtual linguists, editors, exploitation specialists, and a program manager. The trainer will be responsible for instructing personnel on customer product types, policies and standards, program systems, research techniques, analysis methods, and security. The trainer will develop and deliver training for new employees, as well as refresher training and new training when new requirements are released. The trainer may also assist with finalizing products prior to submission to customers. The trainers may also provide ad hoc editorial and operational support.
EDITOR: The editor will be responsible for checking the accuracy and style of the translation, ensuring adherence to customer standards for grammar, style and format, tracking errors, and providing feedback to writers and management.
All work will be performed from the candidate’s home office. The majority of the work will take place Monday through Friday; however, nights and weekends may be required.
- Team coordinator will direct others in monitoring assigned Internet-based media sources and make selections based on customer criteria.
- Team coordinator will direct others who monitor, collect, and condition (e.g. structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, comment on) foreign open source information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers, blogs, websites, and various Internet sites.
- Team coordinator will respond to requirements from customers and direct others in collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports.
- Trainer will develop and maintain a training plan that ensures understanding of customer's requirements, standards, policies, methodologies, and tools, and the ability to use program systems.
- Trainer will present recommendations on additional necessary training, work with the program manager, editors, and senior linguists/team leads to identify, plan, and deliver necessary training -- live or virtually -- for individual personnel, and maintain training records and statistics.
- Trainer may develop individual or group focused or remedial training, as necessary, and will make recommendations to management and team leads regarding the work of specific linguists and areas for improvement.
- Trainer may develop quality-focused reference materials on a regular basis.
- Editor will be responsible for reviewing, editing, and publishing products developed by linguists in training to ensure product conformance with customer standards.
- Editor will be responsible for ensuring that all products are grammatically correct according to idiomatic American English and meet designated customer style standards.
- Editor will develop and maintain a language services quality control and quality assurance program.
- Editor will monitor the accuracy and completeness of the translated products by systematically selecting jobs from all personnel for review.
- Editor will provide effective feedback on product issues to linguists to assist in their development.
- Editor will track linguist errors to make recommendations on advancement and training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 8+ or more years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Five or more years of management experience in a diverse team.
- Have experience developing and delivering training using virtual platforms; be able to develop memorable training that addresses needs, gets the workforce up to minimal standards within a short period, and provides for constant improvement; be able to think creatively to address such needs.
- Have the ability to review and edit translated media to ensure its accuracy, correct syntax and expression usage, and the correct use of the English language.
- Have strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment, very good Internet research capabilities.
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills in English.
- Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands; exhibit great flexibility to meet requirements, often in high-pressure situations.
- Have the ability to provide corrective and constructive feedback to linguists.
- Experience with open source research, including social media exploitation.
- Focused knowledge of particular media environments.
- Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, and sufficient internet skills to allow advanced research on the Web.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team.
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences.
- Previous experience working in traditional or non-traditional media (e.g., radio, TV, newspaper, press agency, Internet) or journalism.
- Previous experience working as a linguist.
- A working knowledge of a foreign language.
- Experience editing, technical writing, or related experience; significant regional/cultural expertise.
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, leadership, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter proliferation, cyber threats, counternarcotic, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.