The Leidos Intelligence Group has multiple openings for experienced and cleared Fitness Specialists to support a Federal Intelligence Community customer’s occupational health and wellness program. Fitness Specialists will work at Federal sites throughout Northern Virginia as part of a team working to create, implement, and lead a variety of health, wellness, and fitness programs to the Federal client’s workforce. Work locations are located inside the beltway and in the Dulles corridor. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team focused on keeping our Federal workforce healthy, fit, and ready for duty.
- Working with Federal employees to set fitness goals, creating customized fitness programs and efforts to meet those goals
- Provide fitness testing and evaluation
- Support a balanced fitness program which meets the needs of the population and follows health/wellness/fitness trends
- Leads or assists in teaching fitness workshops and seminars
- Enhances knowledge of exercise, body alignment, and exercise safety to gym users and class participants
- Serves as substitute if primary instructor is unable to teach a class
- Provide support to the planning, management, and continual evaluation of fitness programs and equipment
- Provide general nutritional guidance
- Assist in developing, managing, and executing various annual health, wellness, and fitness programs, product, and services
- Perform administrative work to include but not limited to familiarization tours of fitness facilities, facility oversight and logistics, etc.
- Provide written weekly activity reports to fitness program management
- Develop and maintain service/demand and performance metrics for fitness program management
- Active Secret (or higher) security clearance and a willingness to upgrade clearance to Top Secret/SCI with polygraph. Employment will start once the TS/SCI with polygraph is obtained.
- Bachelor’s Degree. preferably in Exercise Science and 3+ years of practical experience, or 10+ years of practical experience without a Bachelor’s in Exercise Science
- Active certification from at least one of the following is required:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Additional equivalent certification in the field of health and fitness may be accepted with review
- Active CPR and AED certification
Top Secret/SCI with polygraph security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.