The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a talented GIS Development Product Owner supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW) in Bethesda, MD.
As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to administer to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, business intelligence dashboards, mobile applications, data services, and other mechanisms.
The candidate will serve as a GIS expert and have full understanding of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and represents business stakeholders and requires the ability to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective GIS solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work other project teams. Must have experience with Agile Scrum and KANBAN methodologies. Works closely with business requirements analysts and subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and system functionality.. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Understanding and have working knowledge ESRI ArcGIS WebApp Builder, dashboards, ArcGIS server and Portal.
- Provide innovative GIS solution to meet customer needs.
- Can work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts.
- Ability to work with different technologies (.NET, ETL, GIS, BI dashboards), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- Has experience with ArcGIS Desktop, Python geoprocessing scripts and similar tools
- May be an expert in a particular business or system domain.
- Identify, engage and influence business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Review and verify output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Bachelor's degree (or 6 years of work experience)
- 5 years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line
- Cartography understanding and experience
- 5 years’ experience leading project teams and collaborating with customer stakeholders.
- 5 years’ experience developing ESRI applications
- Working knowledge with Agile Scrum and Kanban technical software delivery methodologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
- Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices
- Master’s degree with a concentration in geography/cartography
- 6+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis
- Relevant work experience with Agile
- Has a GIS professionals certificate (GISP)
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles Advanced knowledge of Business Management Methodology, Change Management practices and Process Engineering methodologies
- Relevant understanding of CMMI Concepts
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.