The Leidos Intelligence Solutions division is seeking a Principal Full Stack Developer to support a Leidos prime contract in Fort Meade, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will working directly with the customer to design and implement a system to assist with developing reports from unstructured data. This is a full stack position using various corporate data sources for input. You will be researching viable options for the storage and presentation layers to come up with a solution architecture to be implemented. You will be determining the software stack to be used, providing the customer with a system that replaces their many manual and semi-automated processes currently in place. The successful candidate will have a varied background in order to help design the system that best fits the requirements.
- At least 12-15 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least five years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection, and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Java, Spring
- Python and Django or Flask
- SQL and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Accumulo)
- Amazon Web Services
- MACHINESHOP and GHOSTMACHINE
- Experience with Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with success working directly with customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.