Leidos is hiring a Senior Electro-Mechanical Technician to support the design, develop, test, and support complex ocean sensors and systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing work comparable to the primary responsibility areas.
- 100% of all personnel filling this role shall have at least 3 years of experience with molding, casting, or underwater cabled assembly fabrication. Specific skills include:
- Electro-Mechanical Assembly (building, wiring and soldering)
- Preparing components for casting (sanding, painting, fixturing)
- Creating molds (mixing materials, degassing, pouring, and post processing.
- Pouring polyurethanes and silicones
- Hold, or earn the following certifications within 2 months of employment start:
- Certification to IPC J-STD-001 (Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies); or other certifications in soldering electrical and electronic assemblies
- Certification to IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies); or other certifications in electronics assembly and workmanship
- Certification to IPC WHMA-A-620 (Cable and Wire Harness Assembly); or other certifications in cables and wire harness and workmanship
- Minimum interim SECRET clearance, with a full SECRET clearance pending required.
- Additional years of experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.