Leidos is seeking a System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support operations across multiple geographic locations. The System Administrator provides deployment, operations, maintenance and ensures high availability of email systems and email retention systems for; maintain systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery; Conduct eDiscovery, FOIA search, investigation requests, data spill cleanups, and record management / CAPSTONE data export requests as required on local and cloud platforms. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems.
- Provides deployment, operations, maintenance and ensures high availability of email systems and email retention systems for; maintain systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery; Conduct eDiscovery, FOIA search, investigation requests, data spill cleanups, and record management / CAPSTONE data export requests as required on local and cloud platforms.
- Collaborate to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues with alacrity.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
- Develop solutions to technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and schedule.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel. Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of integrating C2S Glacier and Enterprise Vault to reduce reliance on on-premises storage of archived data
- Knowledge of Enterprise Vault (EV)
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Experience with support ticket management systems.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.