Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager in Houston, Texas. The purpose of this position is to provide project management and oversight to technical teams for challenging and complex flight hardware development in support of the Crew and Thermal Systems Division. The NASA Programs may include Orion, International Space Station, and exploration Suit/Gateway. This position will lead a project to develop a packed bed Ion Exchange (IX) filter for integration into Advanced Oxygen Generator Assembly (AOGA) water recirculation loop or other projects through the design life cycle including requirements development and verification, hardware design, development and testing; project reviews, safety review support, product reviews and approvals. Typical job function will include managing budgets, performing cost estimations, managing contract deliverables, defining and maintaining project schedules, project planning, leading reviews, reviewing drawings, reviewing of requirements and verifications, conceptualizing methods of operations; reviewing trade studies and assessing design, assessments of hardware options, statusing functions to both contractor management and the NASA customer (Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX). This position will be required to perform integration of the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis and will lead efforts to resolve issues. The position will require the ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks. Present findings, reports and status routinely.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and the Company's safety policies/rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Responsible for leading a technical team to accomplish tasks, meet challenging goals, and deliver complex products on time, within budget and with Quality oversight
- Reviewing requirements and assessing design against requirements
- Identification of project risks and mitigation strategies
- Ability to identify tasks, organize them and make assignments to resources with due dates
- Responsible for the solution of complex total system problems
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to understand and execute process and procedures
- Well-developed skills in both written and verbal communication
- Responsible for reviewing of requirements and verifications
- Provide oral and written status to both contractor management and the NASA customer
- Interface with NASA at Program Level
- Use extensive experience to provide leadership to the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis
- Ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks
- Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering or in a related field with 10-12 years experience.
Project Management experience
Ability to develop and manage a project schedule, to include cost account management and reporting
Experience in project planning of technically and extremely integrated projects
Capable of identifying risks and issues, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions
Experience in procurement of parts
Experience with NASA systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, project leads, customers, and with contract colleagues is essential.
Ability to develop and clearly communicate information to technical forum, to include presenting information to customers
- Ability to lead and motivate personnel to high standards of performance and increase efficiency.
- Ability to attain and maintain respect and confidence of the customer and contract personnel. A close, cooperative customer interface is essential.
- Mature, professional judgment in establishing objectives, milestones and priorities.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Previous experience with configuration and data management processes
- Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
Extensive experience with Flight Hardware Development processes as outlined in EA-023
Previous working experience with NASA or a NASA contractor.
Previous experience with Human Systems Engineering such as human factors and designing for the product end-user
Experience with technical management of subcontracts, initiation to completion
Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instruction
Experience with NASA system tools, such as MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS, ELABEL
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.