Leidos is *HIRING*! Seeking a dedicated, mid-level Project Scheduler to support a Program that provides the technical services necessary to conceptualize, prototype, develop, deploy, and sustain a wide range of systems within the Intelligence Community.
Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining detailed resource-loaded schedules for implementation, developmental and operational systems. Works with developmental and operational teams to develop detailed schedules and assists in keeping these schedules current. Uses or recommends automated tools such as MS Project, Primavera or program mandated software. Develops and or modifies project schedules and or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Program Schedule. Maintains the overall Master Program /Project Schedule. Links project schedules with the overarching program, Investment Portfolio, functional area and/or other Integrated Master Plans (IMPs). Provides hands-on development of layered schedules and IMPs that address how an acquisition project is progressing and how that project contributes to overarching requirements and objectives. Maintains status on linkages and dependencies with related projects. The candidate will also be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Write and edit technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation.
- Assist in defining and implementing schedule software (MS Project, Primavera, or specific program mandated software) management processes and procedures
- Implement schedule version control processes, policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining and developing the environment for the overall Master Program/Project Schedule and or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Program Schedule.
- Maintain the schedule product build, staging, testing, deployment and integration
- Define and implement schedule configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the schedule build process.
- Develop schedule version control process, policies and procedures and ensures that they are followed on development or operational schedule development and implementation projects.
- Eight (8) years experience as a Scheduler in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity. - Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. - Two (2) years of demonstrated experience managing a schedule for an engineering program involving hardware and software development and multiple sub-components using MS Project or Primavera.
- Successfully completed an advanced level MS Project or Primavera course and have demonstrated experience with MS Project and or Primavera.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, Four (4) years of additional scheduling experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree, thereby .reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience.
- Certification in either the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) and or Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.