The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Airspace Operations Program Management and Integration Analyst to provide support to the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) Systems Operations Security Group in the use of National Airspace System (NAS) airspace. Support will include assisting the U.S. Government in addressing a broad range of issues associated with the integration of Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) in the NAS from a security perspective. Support will also include Radio Frequency Spectrum development and analysis, and Global Positioning System (GPS) testing, anomaly tracking, and interference detection and mitigation as it pertains to NAS safety.
Coordinate and track Special Use Airspace activities in the FAA NAS system for the Systems Operations Security Group. Support will also include Radio Frequency Spectrum Development and analysis. Support Air Traffic Organization (ATO) security programs related to Department of Defense (DOD) classified missions for Global Positioning System (GPS) testing, anomaly tracking, interference detection and mitigation as it pertains to safety. Provide Program Management leadership and Integration and Engineering support. Candidate will be required to:
- Ensure special activities are coordinated with proper agencies and stakeholders of the NAS.
- Review and analyze DOD classified GPS testing messages in accordance with FAA Spectrum Engineering Services group.
- Review classified DOD GPS missions to determine appropriate mitigation measures involving the NAS.
- Track and coordinate
- Produce Temporary Flight Restrictions and Notices to Airman (NOTAMs) when required.
- Support the operational deployment and use of Counter-UAS technology into the NAS.
Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for the lack of a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to convey complex topics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Public Trust minimum to start with ability to obtain Secret or TS/SCI clearance.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Air Traffic Controller or Flight Service Specialist experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FAA Crisis Response and emergency operations.
- Familiarity with NOTAM’s, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR’s), Military Operating Areas (MOA’s), and Special Airspace Activities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.